Savings Bank accounts help individuals, house-wives and others in inculcating a habit of thrift in them. The holders of these accounts shall get various banking facilities from bank while earning some interest on their savings. The salient features of Savings Bank Accounts are as under:
Who can open?
Individuals: The formalities for opening of accounts by individuals are the same as listed under Savings Bank Accounts Others:
- 1. Address proof by taking taskara
- 2. Identification proof like passport, voter identity card, identity cards issued by employer.
- 3. Introduction of existing account holder
- 4. Latest photograph
Schedule of charges
- If the balance of account goes below USD 20 or its equivalent during any month bank will deduct penalty as approved by banks management.
- On the closure of account USD 10 willl be charged towards cost of identity card account, but after 3 months bank will not deduct USD10 for the purpose of closing account.
- Cheque book of 25 leaves shall be issued free for the first time and subsequent issue shall be charged at $10.
- 1. The minimum initial deposits should be USD 20 or its equivalent to other currencies.
- 2. If the balance of account goes below USD 20 or its equivalent to other currencies bank will deduct penalty as approved by bank’s management. Penalty of minimum balance is not applicable to staff accounts and salary accounts maintained by employees of different organizations.
- 3. The customer will be issued an identity card and he has to produce the same to the bank for taking cash payment from his account.
- 4. Interest will be payable once in six months . The interest will be calculated on monthly basis on the minimum balance between 10th of the month and last day of the month.
- 5. Letter of thanks will be sent to account opener and introducer.
The account holder will be provided unique user ID and secured password to view his account through our internet facility at a later date to be communicated to him/her. The customer can take print of account statement by using the facility.
No Maximum limit
Rate of Interest
- avings Account AFN: 1.5 p.a
- Savings Account USD, Euro, GBP: 1 p.a
Bank sends statements of accounts at monthly intervals. Local and outstation cheques are accepted for realization. Service charges are recovered for cheques returned unpaid. Amount can be withdrawn in cash from bank by cheque or withdrawal forms accompanied by ID Card. A maximum of 10 withdrawals are allowed per month in this account. A fee shall be charged on any extra withdrawal over 10. Payment of cheques can be stopped by the holder(s) of the account. No operation in the account for 12 months makes an account 'Dormant'/'Inoperative'. Bank shall offer various other facilities/services with these accounts like ATM cards, ATM-cum-Debit cards, Credit cards, Online or Internet banking etc. in very near future. Standing instructions are accepted by bank in these accounts, subject to payment of stipulated charges. Service charges are subject to change from time to time..